Give your sweet tooth a taste of this Cheesecake with Fudge Filling. Enjoy this one of the easy dessert recipes!
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup chopped pistachios
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
chocolate shavings (garnish)
1. Beat butter at medium speed using an electric mixer until creamy then add 1/3 cup sugar, beat well.
2. Add flour gradually and beat at low speed until blended. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and pistachios. Press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Then cool on a wire rack.
4. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy then gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, beat well.
5. Add eggs to the cream cheese and sugar mixture, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla. (don’t overmix)
6. Pour half of the batter into crust then sprinkle with chocolate morsels until 3/4 inch of edge. Pour in the remaining batter starting at the outer edge and working toward the center.
7. Place the cheesecake on a baking sheet.
8. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until set.
9. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
10. Serve warm (slightly) with sweetened whipped cream if desired. You can also add garnish if you desire to.