To celebrate your favorite condiment “pepper”, here’s a peppered recipe for you! Grilled Peppered Beef Steak!
2 tablespoon cracked peppercorns
1 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon olive oil/vegetable oil
6 (3/4 to 1 inch thick, about 3 pounds) Beef t-bone/Rib eye steaks
6 (3/4 to 1 inch thick) beef t bone/rib-eye steaks
3 medium, cut into 1/2-inch slices onions
2 tablespoon honey
1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
2. Mix all pepper rub ingredients for the rub mixture.
3. Lightly brush half of the oil on both sides of beef. Press rub mixture onto both sides of beef. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Lightly brush remaining oil on onion slices (medium cut). Cover and grill beef and onions 4 to 5 inches from medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, turn once, until beef is medium done.
3. Brush honey on onions. Make 6 servings of beef with onions.
Give your sweet tooth a taste of this Cheesecake with Fudge Filling. Enjoy this one of the easy dessert recipes!
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup chopped pistachios
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
chocolate shavings (garnish)
1. Beat butter at medium speed using an electric mixer until creamy then add 1/3 cup sugar, beat well.
2. Add flour gradually and beat at low speed until blended. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and pistachios. Press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Then cool on a wire rack.
4. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy then gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, beat well.
5. Add eggs to the cream cheese and sugar mixture, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla. (don’t overmix)
6. Pour half of the batter into crust then sprinkle with chocolate morsels until 3/4 inch of edge. Pour in the remaining batter starting at the outer edge and working toward the center.
7. Place the cheesecake on a baking sheet.
8. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until set.
9. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
10. Serve warm (slightly) with sweetened whipped cream if desired. You can also add garnish if you desire to.
Today is Wednesday! And that calls for a Whole Wheat & Grains Recipe. Here’s a sweet Dark Chocolate Almond Biscotti for you to enjoy!
2 cups whole-wheat flour
2 tablespoons flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (such as Hershey’s)
3/4 cup unsalted almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level using a knife.
3. Combine flour, flaxseed, soda, and salt in a bowl, stir with a whisk.
4. Combine sugars, egg whites, and egg in a bowl, beat with a mixer at high speed for 2 minutes. Add vanilla, mix well. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and almonds.
5. Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 6-inch-long roll. Arrange rolls 3 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pat to a 1-inch thickness. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until firm.
6. Remove rolls from baking sheet then cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut rolls diagonally into 30 (1/2-inch) slices. Place, cut sides down, on a baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 325°; bake 7 minutes. Turn cookies over, bake another 7 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft in center but will harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheet and let it cool on wire rack.
7. Serve fresh.
light soy sauce
vegetables (asparagus, broccoli, and carrot)
1. Chop your ginger and garlic.
2. Add soya and honey into the pan then put your chopped ginger and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes.
3. While the sauce is being cooked, prepare another pan and pour 1 cup of water. Add your asparagus and broccoli.
4. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 180C or 350F.
5. Get your peeled carrot and make a few strips of it using your peeler. Then add to your vegetables. Saute for about 10 minutes.
6. Going back to your sauce, if you see that its volume decreased and its consistency looks nice and thick, set it aside.
7. Take a baking dish and place foil on it. Add your salmon fillet, glaze it with your sauce, and fold the foil enough for covering.
8. Bake it for about 7 to 10 minutes (medium rare) or 15 minutes (well done).
9. Check back with your sauteed vegetables, season it with salt and pepper.
10. After baking your glazed salmon, serve it together with your sauteed vegetables.
Craving for any of those easy pasta recipes? Have this “Cajun Salmon Fettuccine”!
A Quoran named Brian Zhan- a member of the question-and-answer website Quora- shared with us his favorite pasta recipe called Cajun Salmon Fettuccine. He declared that this is a healthy recipe so everyone can really enjoy this recipe. Here are the ingredients and cooking procedures.
carrots, broccoli (any other vegetables)
ground black pepper
1. In an iron pan, pan fry salmon in a bit of oil and sprinkle with cajun spices. Set aside.
2. Cook the fettuccine noodles. Set aside.
3. With the pan still hot in a good fire, add alfredo sauce, and roughly chopped carrots, onions, broccoli, and any other vegetables you prefer. When it boils, it’s ready to be served.
4. Place your freshly cooked pasta on a plate and pour your sauce to it.
5. Drop the pan-fried salmon on top with fresh ground black pepper and Parmesan.
Make this easy pasta recipe in just 12 minutes time. Have a bite of this pasta topped with baked salmon. Have a healthy heart and a happier kitchen!
Ingredients: (4 servings)
4 pieces skinless salmon fillet (about 1 pound in all)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces egg noodles
zest of 1 lemon 2 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oven to 450F and coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Season 4 pieces skinless salmon fillet (about 1 pound in all) with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
3. Put salmon, skinned side down, on pan and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare 8 ounces egg noodles per package directions.
5. Drain and toss with the zest of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
6. Serve to 4 persons and enjoy!